Tonight I feel like having a bit of fun.
I have been debating writing a post like this for some time and thought it over while on the elliptical at the gym. To be honest, the elliptical is one place I can think clearly and come up with ideas for new posts. I never turn on the T.V. turn up the music, stare out the window and start to daydream. I sometimes become a little distracted by the TV the person next to me is using however and today they were watching the talking head pundits on CNN.
As I could not hear what they were saying, I thought about copying part of the broadcast and making my own dialogue like my friends and I used to do in High School. I saw Wolf Blitzer (who comes up with a name like that, seriously!) and imagined him saying “You’ve been a very very naughty girl Nancy. I should spank you. I’m going to treat you like the Taliban Nancy, me and you, you are going to get some shock and awe baby. “
Then the T.V. panned to Nancy and her lips started to move. “Yes Wolf, I am ANGRY, VERY VERY VERY VERY ANGRY. I’ve been ANGRY my entire life! If you come near me Wolf I’m going to bite you, I’m going to bite you VERY HARD. I AM VERY ANGRY!”
But then, I thought no, a post about Astrological Signs, Blood Types and the Ying Yang would be much more fun. I also started to wonder why in the hell was I thinking about doing something as juvenile as making my own dialogue to the monkeys on CNN? Who thinks about stuff like that?
Perhaps I could find some answers with my astrological sign or perhaps my blood type.
Before I dive into it, you are probably understand the significance of astrological signs but are wondering about the blood type. In the Japanese culture, it is believed that your blood type determines your character. I’ll explain more about that when we come to it later on.
I. My sign: Gemini
To be honest, I have never really given much thought to astrological signs but in the interest of fun and entertaining myself let’s see if we can find some answers. I looked up the description of a Gemini on astrology.com . Let’s break this up into pieces.
1. “Gemini is the third sign of the zodiac, and those born under this sign will be quick to tell you all about it. That’s because they love to talk! It’s not just idle chatter with these folks, either. The driving force behind a Gemini’s conversation is their mind. The Gemini-born are intellectually inclined, forever probing people and places in search of information. The more information a Gemini collects, the better. Sharing that information later on with those they love is also a lot of fun, for Geminis are supremely interested in developing their relationships. Dalliances with these folks are always enjoyable, since Geminis are bright, quick-witted and the proverbial life of the party. Even though their intellectual minds can rationalize forever and a day, Geminis also have a surplus of imagination waiting to be tapped. Can a Gemini be boring? Never!”
– Well, I’ll be damned, it looks like they’ve got my number. Here I am sharing a post with all of you while I learn about what it means to be a Gemini. Perhaps there is some truth to this astrological stuff. It is true I like to develop my relationships for I’ve always thought that life is just no fun if you do not have anyone to share your experiences with.
I’m not sure exactly what “dalliance” means so I had to look it up.
- the deliberate act of delaying and playing instead of working
- flirt: playful behavior intended to arouse sexual interest
:biggrin: Wow, as I’m not sure who is going to be reading this I think I am not going to comment further on this point. Let’s continue on.
2. “Since Geminis are a mix of the yin and the yang, they are represented perfectly by the Twins. The Gemini-born can easily see both sides of an issue, a wonderfully practical quality. Less practical is the fact that you’re not sure which Twin will show up half the time. Geminis may not know who’s showing up either, which can prompt others to consider them fickle and restless.”
– Again, we have a perfect match. In the blog a “Global Citizen” we are constantly trying to see both sides of the issue and combat the nonsense put forth by Wolf and Nancy. I not only want to understand both sides but write on a blog to share it all. Again, there seems to be some truth to astrological signs here.
I like the comparison with the Ying and Yang. As you can see in my previous posts, some are light hearted and fun while others a bit dark. I’m not even sure which twin is going to show up from day to day and sometimes there can be quite an internal struggle with the Dark Side!
3. They can be wishy-washy, too, changing their mood on a simple whim. It’s this characteristic which readily suggests the Mutable Quality assigned to this sign.
– Wishy washy?? I don’t know if that is the right description but I can agree with changing my mood on a simple whim. I wrote about this in Mind Control , it’s not really hard to do, you just decide to be happy and presto. The down side is you can also decide to be a moody b*tch as well which brings us back to the struggle as demonstrated by Luke and Darth. LOL.
4. Geminis are both curious and clever, which is why they are such a hit at cocktail parties. Although they talk a great game, they also love to listen and learn. With any kind of luck, the Twins will find themselves in interesting company, because if they don’t, they are likely to get bored and start fidgeting.
– So that is the reason I start twitching when watching Fox News and damn near went into epilepsy when I found myself at that Tea Party a while back. I never woulda thunk it!
5. Any social setting is a good one for a Gemini, however, since these folks are charming, congenial and love to share themselves with their friends.
– I’m down for a party anytime, anywhere. I’ll bring the wine.
6. Geminis are playful, flirtatious and endless fun.
– Ok, I like my sign A LOT.
But being the flighty Gemini I am, I’ve tired of all the examples of what it means to be a Gemini. Let’s move along to blood types.
II. Blood Types
In Japan, they do not use astrological signs but rather blood types as the determinant of personality. In fact, during WWII the Japanese army actually arranged their battalions around blood types so the group would be more effective!
I am a B blood type which unfortunately is considered “difficult” in Japan. Being both serious and flighty can cause issues in a relationship. One minute we are paying full attention and the next minute we are flying across the ocean on a jet ski only to be returned to the present by “Are you li
stening to me????”
In fact, it shares quite a few characteristics with the Gemini!
Here is the complete list provided by Issendai.com
Every Japanese celebrity writeup and every anime character description with any claim to authority gives the person’s (or character’s) blood type. Why? Because, thanks to a remarkable bit of Science! by a gentleman named Furukawa Takeji, the Japanese believe that a person’s blood type affects their personality.
Each blood type has a personality profile. These profiles—which I took from a site whose location is long since lost in the mists of time, my apologies—are:
People with blood type A have a deep-rooted strength that helps them stay calm in a crisis when everyone else is panicking. However, they tend to avoid confrontation, and feel very uncomfortable around people. A types are shy and sometimes withdrawn. They seek harmony and are very polite, but all the same feel that they never really fit in with others. A types are very responsible. If there is a job to be done, they prefer to take care of it themselves. These people crave success and are perfectionists. They are also very creative, and the most artistic of all the blood types, most likely because of their sensitivity.
People with blood type A are also likely to be considered classic “type A’s”: stressed and conscientious. In anime, people like Hotohori are type A’s.
The Third Hokage, Haruno Sakura, Hotohori, Heero Yui, Keiko (Kayko) Yukimura
People with blood type B are the most practical of the blood groups. They are specialists in what they do. When they start a project, they spend extra time understanding and trying to follow directions than others might. When they are doing something, all of their attention is focused on it. They tend to stick to a goal and follow it through to the end, even if it seems impossible. They tend to be less than cooperative, as they like to follow their own rules and their own ideas. They are individualists. B type people pay attention to their thoughts a little more than their feelings, and therefore can sometimes seem cold and serious.
People with blood type B are often considered more relaxed, freewheeling, and unconventional than other types, although not necessarily to an unacceptable degree. In anime, the genki, off-the-wall types are type B, along with any kind of well-intended character who’s ruled by their impulses.
Naruto, Duo Maxwell, Miaka, Nuriko, Tasuki, Sagara Sanosuke
People with blood type O people are outgoing, energetic and social. They are the most flexible of the blood types. They easily start up projects but often have trouble following through because they give up easily. They are flighty and not too dependable. O types always say what’s on their mind. They value the opinion of others and like to be the center of attention. Also, people with O blood are extremely self-confident.
Type O, the most “average” blood type, is considered the best type in Japan.
Quatre, Sailor Moon, Saito Hajime, Kamiya Kaoru, Tamahome
People with blood type AB are hard to categorize. They can have characteristics on both ends of the spectrum at the same time. For instance, they are both shy and outgoing. They easily switch from one opposite to another. AB people are trustworthy and responsible, but can’t handle it when too much is asked of them. They don’t mind doing favors or helping out, as long as its on their own conditions. People with this blood type are interested in art and metaphysics.
AB is considered the worst blood type. In predictability-loving Japan, they’re loose cannons. They also like to set their own conditions and reserve the right to drop out when things don’t meet their expectations. They’re known to be sensitive and considerate—at times—but it just isn’t enough to balance out the flaws in this blood type. For a while, some companies tried dividing their employees into work groups based on blood type, and no one wanted to work with the AB group. Anime villains are likely to be type AB.
Uchiha Sasuke, Hongo Yui, Tomo, Trowa Barton, Kenshin
A is most compatible with A and AB.
B is most compatible with B and AB.
AB is most compatible with AB, B, A, and O.
O is most compatible with O and AB.
If you ever need to break the ice with a Japanese person just start talking about blood types and I can assure you the conversation will last for an hour! I’ve personally had this discussion with my Japanese friends on several occasions and it has NEVER gotten old.
After reading the above I’m pretty surprised that a B is most compatible with another B. If I imagined myself with a B type, I’m quite sure we would either have insane amounts of fun or absolutely kill each other. As the description says, we can be both serious and freewheeling but not at the same time. This is just as with the Gemini in that we are not sure which twin is going to show up! From the video above, if Luke wins in both people, then fun will be had, but beware if Darth Vader decides to make a presence in either individual,,, it will not be a good time. 🙁
So, if you examine yourself, would you agree that your personality matches your astrological description? Your Blood Type Description? Or is it all just a bunch of hooey?
I for one believe my astrological sign and blood type descriptions match up pretty well!
Hey Matt the eliptical is where I think also….how come we don't think about the same things???? ndcq
Good question Mr. T! Don't know the answer to that, but what I do know is it is a great place to think!
They use blood types for matchmaking and compatibility in Japan
Comments are closed.