Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

I finally watched the final installment of the Indiana Jones movie series.  One of our friend’s little boys is really into Indiana Jones, he wears the hat and carries around a bag everyday.  And so, I thought it would be time to introduce my own son to the series.  It might have been a tad bit too early however since there is a lot of violence.  The other thing is my son is much too young to understand any of the historical references and so had questions every five minutes.

But I have to say that this final movie is my favorite.  I love Steven Speilberg’s fascination with aliens because I share the same sentiment.  If I remember correctly many people were put off by aliens being in Indiana Jones but I thought it was perfect.  I’ve always had many questions such as why there are pyramids in both Egypt and South America.  I’ve wondered why many of the South American Indian gods were depicted as white.  I’ve wondered how the Incas could have moved such enormous stones and fit them in perfectly so high up in the Andes mountains. I loved the reference to Nazca Lines in the movie which I’ve always wondered about as well.

The Ugha word for gold translates as “treasure.”
But their treasure wasn’t gold.
It was knowledge
Knowledge was their treasure

Indiana Jones

From possible pre-historic contact between civilizations to outright alien visitation I’ve always been fascinated just as I imagine Steven Spielberg is when he references them in his movies.

From all my travels and reading I’m quite certain there is much more going on in the world and in history than meets the eye.  There is something happening that we cannot see and only at brief instances perceive with encounters we refer to as ghosts, as UFOs as things that defy all explanation.  One starts to talk about this and they are looked at as crazy.  Yet this phenomena (concerning UFOs) is even documented by the CIA in their recently released papers:

The Air Force claimed that 90 percent of the reported sightings were easily accounted for. The other 10 percent were characterized as “a number of incredible reports from credible observers.”  – Link Here

One can travel, study and try to understand their entire life yet never come close to a true answer.  Yet the phenomena continue to occur, the unexplained recorded with video cameras and pictures only to be buried and shrugged off because they cannot be explained and one has to get on with their daily life.

Where did they go?  Space?
Not into space.
Into the space between spaces.

Thinking very clearly about the subject here we are in a seemingly infinite universe.  One can look up at the stars and think that there must be so much going on out there; how could there not be?  To think that only the things we can perceive and that we are alone in this universe is what I would call crazy, not the other way around.  Just contemplating the universe itself and brush it off with a shrug of the shoulders is the thought of a dull mind.  But the e-mails keep coming, money has to be made and life lived and so we forget the big questions.  Humanity turns to religion to provide simplistic answers all of which should belong in a museum as a relic of mankind.

Even with all the science people still cling to tradition, to the past and to the very same reasoning they had thousands of years ago.  They try to take scientific discovery and force it into an incompatible belief system.  They cannot give up these beliefs because it would leave them naked and terrified.  A well-known fairy tale as the answer is much more comforting, even when completely false than no answer at all.

There is so much more to learn:  we are as infants just discovering the world around them.  With scientific progress we have only just learned to crawl.  We think we understand the reality which surrounds us but like the infant know so very little.  And like a crawling infant we’ve become a danger to ourselves.  There is a staircase ahead of us and the way things are going it would be a miracle if we do not tumble all the way down and still survive.

But also like the infant I need my sleep and my eyelids have grown heavy.  And so I leave these thoughts and will go into the reality of dreams.  It is only when the mind is at rest and we are free of the constraints of thought that perhaps, just perhaps, we could see things as they really are.  But then we awake, make the coffee, start our tasks for the day and leave it all behind.

By Mateo de Colón

Global Citizen! こんにちは!僕の名前はマットです. Es decir soy Mateo. Aussi, je m'appelle Mathieu. Likes: Languages, Cultures, Computers, History, being Alive! \(^.^)/